Friday, March 11, 2011

so sad.....


Last night I heard that an earthquake had hit Japan & woke up this morning to find out that it is one of the strongest in history and the strongest in Japanese history, unbelievable. As some of you may know, my mother is Japanese and I lived in Japan (Okinawa) for a few years as my father was in the military. My mother's side of the family is in Japan and thankfully they are safe.

Here in San Diego, we are expecting a tsunami to hit our shores as a result of the earthquake. Hopefully it won't cause any damage here. Doesn't it seem like there's been a lot of natural disasters lately, more than usual?

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Be safe and keep the people of Japan in your prayers.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I'm so glad your family is safe! My heart goes out to Japan right now. I can't even imagine the fear and chaos they must be experiencing right now.

MamaQ said...

thanks for posting this janette. i'm so glad your family is safe and accounted for. we wait anxiously to hear from some of our loved ones. it is a difficult time for so many around the world right now...