Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Fun - DIY Washi Tape Vase

This is an easy DIY project that you and/or your kids can do.  All you need are some rolls of washi tape and a clean bottle.   The bottles I'm using are a Japanese drink called Bikkle (I love that name!).   To remove the label easily, I just soaked the bottle in a container filled with water for a few hours.  Use a sponge on the outside to get rid of any sticky parts.  I think GooGone would work too?




Now that the label is removed, gather your washi tape.  I decided to use mainly pinks although my favorite washi tape at the moment is the bunny pattern one -see it under the alphabet tape?  So cute!


I started at the bottom and wrapped the tape around once.  Then I took the second tape and overlapped it slightly and did the same with the third piece of tape.


Once you've finished wrapping your bottle, put a flower in it and enjoy your new vase!

No comments: