Friday, May 10, 2013

MISSION SOUTH EP REVIEW




Thanks to Big Picture Media, I was given the opportunity to review the new EP by Mission South titled Migration, Vol. 2.   First, a little information about the band from their website: "Washington DC-based soul rock trio, Mission South, is a band with roots planted firmly in both past and present.  Members Dan Miller (guitar/vocals), John Beck (bass/vocals) and Max Harwood (drums) met in the fourth grade and grew up within walking distance of each other's homes."

Now the band's second EP is out and here is the tracklisting:

1. Mission South - (Introduction to Vol. 2)
2. Mission South - Free
3. Mission South - Peaches
4. Mission South - Saint
5. Mission South - Photographs & Fables
6. Mission South - thriller

To be honest I had never heard of the band before but now I am a new fan of their music.  I really can't compare them to any other band because they have their own sound, which to me is like a mix of rock, blues, jazz, reggae - all the good sounds.  Interesting lyrics and great vocals too.  Track 1 is a (very) short instrumental which leads into the other five songs.  I like all of the songs but I would have to say my favorite is track 6 (thriller).  If you want to listen to some great new music, check them out - visit their website and become a fan on Facebook. The only complaint I have about Migration Vol 2 is that there were only 6 tracks. I want more!
 
P.S. Have a great weekend!


Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post - I just really like Mission South and wanted to let you know about them!


No comments: