Thursday, April 26, 2012

Book Review - anything

I recently was given the opportunity to read anything - the prayer that unlocked my God and my Soul by Jennie Allen. This book isn't a novel but is made up of chapters that cover different parts of Jennie's life, her thoughts about God, and what anything means to her. In each chapter, there are several personal stories that Jennie shares. Each story and chapter eventually lead to the last one where Jennie asks the readers what is our anything and then sharing what it means to her. She states that anything begins with a relationship with the God of the universe through Christ. Then read and study, search and pray. Then ask God to lead you and wait to hear from him. The main point I took from the book is to give your life, give 'anything' to God and then obey and do what He asks of you.

This was an interesting and thought provoking read and the following are some statements in the book that I really took to heart such as "God builds our lives whether we give him permission or not" and also "God's Spirit is essential. Otherwise words like anything fall to the ground, meaning nothing, changing nothing." For more information about Jennie Allen, visit her website.

Disclosure:I received a copy of this book n exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: