Friday, February 3, 2012

Bertollli Make a Weeknight Meal Challenge


I love Bertolli® sauces and olive oil and recently took part in a challenge by them to prepare a special weeknight meal in one hour. That included not only preparing the meal, but decorating, creating an ambiance and also plating the food. I received two coupons for Bertolli® Meal Soups (find them in the frozen section) and selected Chicken Minestrone and the Tuscan-Style Beef & Vegetables.

On most weeknights it's pretty casual at our house, but on the day of the challenge, I used a tablecloth (we usually just use placemats) and lit two candles. I decided to make both Bertolli® Meal Soups and also bought a loaf of French bread (and garlic bread for the kids) plus salad fixings. So once my husband came home from work, we sat down with the kids and tried the new soups. The soups were very easy to prepare and it took less time than the garlic bread baking in the oven. I really liked the taste of both soups so it would be hard for me to pick a favorite, although I think my husband kind of preferred the Tuscan-Style Beef & Vegetables more.

My three tips for making a weeknight meal more special:

1. Use your best dishes or china.

2. Light candles, just make sure the little ones don't get close to them.

3. Play some classical or instrumental music to create "sound ambiance".

For more information about Bertolli and their new line of Meal Soups, visit them on Facebook, Twitter and visit Bertolli's website.


Disclosure: I was compensated by Bertolli to participate in the Weeknight Meal Special Challenge.

No comments: